Even though most global breweries kill the essential elements that give historic beer provenance, I understand what they mean when they say a beer has it. I also understand that a beer can be said to have “an authentic Czech taste”. But what exactly is a beer’s genuine and distinctive proposition?
Subscribe for event updatesClick here to receive updates about Matt's beer tastings and good beer events.
- Beer Matt vs Chuck Hahn July 16, 2013 at 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm The Alliance Hotel. 320 Boundary Street, Spring Hill Beer Legend Chuck Hahn takes on Beer Matt, Matt Kirkegaard, i n a battle of big versus small. Beer geeks tend to turn theirs noses up at beers from the big two brewers over the emerging boutique little breweri es...but what happens when the label is off and the beer is just judged on its…
- (Bris) The Brewin Transfer July 17, 2013 at 5:00 pm – 10:30 pm Kerbside, Cnr Constance & Ann Streets, Fortitude Valley Advertising agencies love beer. The budgets big brewers have th rown at their advertising has always allowed the modern Mad Men to flex the ir creative muscles in the most spectacular way. In Australia, some of our fondest advertising memories involve those for beer… But what goes thro ugh an ad guy’s head when coming…
- Beer & BBQ Masterclass July 18, 2013 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm The Golden Pig Cooking School, 38 Ross Street, Newstead Join us for a fun evening of delicious beer, beef and barbecue as 'BeerMatt' Matt Kirkegaard hosts two of Australia's finest tongmasters to deliver a masterclass in US-style slow barbecue techniques, followed by dinner with a beer and beef matching workshop. Chris Luxton from Gordo n and Luxton Gourmet Butcher and Pete Mitcham, renowned beer…
- @emma_daley great to finally work with you, and great job @Daltoncatering .Time for a beer! 36 minutes ago
- RT @QLDBeerWeek: Brewin Transfer 17/07 @KerbsideBar for @QLDBeerWeek! @goodbeermatt @BeerBlokes entertain on topic of beer advertising http… 1 day ago
- @eatdrinkstagger Huh? Did I miss something? 2 days ago
- Time for a sneaky pint of @FortitudeBrewCo Golden Ale at @PigRiverside before my ferry. 4 days ago
- The Brewin' Transfer wp.me/phDul-gI 5 days ago
- Beer Jobs: The Tasting Team, Sydney/Melbourne June 18, 2013
- A taxing double standard June 16, 2013
- The Craft Beer Industry Association announces new membership categories. June 14, 2013
- RBN climbs Kosciuszko with Chuck June 14, 2013
- Slow Braised Goose in Cherry Beer June 13, 2013